• myFAV.ES
  • Help Center
  • Tutorials
  • Extensions
  • Blogs

  

  • Logos
  • Logo Requests
  • Themes
  • Backgrounds
  • Forums
  • Contact

Error message

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in antispam_user_load() (line 1555 of /home/ul/public_html/userlogos/sites/all/modules/antispam/antispam.module).
Home » Forums » 11112009 » Unable to Send Mail - Error 502

Unable to Send Mail - Error 502

SDShannonS —Wed, 11/11/2009 - 10:13

Upon attempt to send mail, "Invalid response: 502 command not implemented".

SM 2.74
FF 3.55

Just sending plain text with the subject and body both comprised of "Test 4".

  • Simple Mail
  • Log in or register to post comments or vote.
  • 0
  • 0 votes
chiaroscuro's picture

Re: Unable to Send Mail - Error 502

Submitted by chiaroscuro on Wed, 11/11/2009 - 14:52

The developer of Simple Mail is not available currently to answer questions.

Let us hope that someone from the Forum shows interest.


many thanks

  • log in or register to post comments
SDShannonS's picture

Re: Unable to Send Mail - Error 502

Submitted by SDShannonS on Wed, 11/11/2009 - 19:53

Since he has been "unavailable at the moment" for the past six months or so, do you know if there are any other POP client Firefox plugins that are being actively supported?

  • log in or register to post comments
chiaroscuro's picture

Re: Unable to Send Mail - Error 502

Submitted by chiaroscuro on Wed, 11/11/2009 - 20:35

no

BTW are you with GMAIL

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Gmail-502-Error-Leaves-Users-without-Acce...

  • log in or register to post comments
SDShannonS's picture

Re: Unable to Send Mail - Error 502

Submitted by SDShannonS on Thu, 11/12/2009 - 08:42

I was sending TO a gmail account, but not FROM a GMail account so that shouldn't make a difference. But just in case, I tried sending to my work address and got the same error. It seems at this point like it's something to do with the way SM is interacting with my email service provider, server side.

  • log in or register to post comments
chiaroscuro's picture

Re: Unable to Send Mail - Error 502

Submitted by chiaroscuro on Thu, 11/12/2009 - 14:06

Have been looking on Google regarding this error.

Have you changed your server recently ?

When did this problem start occurring ?

It would seem that this message is generated as a result of problems in SMTP handshaking

  • log in or register to post comments
SDShannonS's picture

Re: Unable to Send Mail - Error 502

Submitted by SDShannonS on Fri, 11/13/2009 - 08:45

I just recently installed SM and this is the first time I've tried sending mail with it.

I can send mail fine through another POP client such as Outlook, but something in the way SM is trying to send is causing an issue.

  • log in or register to post comments
chiaroscuro's picture

Re: Unable to Send Mail - Error 502

Submitted by chiaroscuro on Fri, 11/13/2009 - 12:55

Have you read this


I do not usually use Simple Mail.
But I decided to gave it a try

It seems much simpler to set up for pop 3 than Outlook Express as it makes some of the settings automatically.

I find that it Seems to work fine for me to send and receive with gmail.

Firefox 5.5
Simple Mail 2.74


It would be interesting to discover the root of your problem.


Perhaps try sending some test mail to yourself using your gmail account, and see if the problem remains.

If the problem remains, is it perhaps caused by the server ?


Please let me have me the results of your enquirys....


many thanks

  • log in or register to post comments

Search logos

Search site

Navigation

  • Blogs
  • Forums
  • Online users
  • Recent content

User login

  • Create new account
  • Request new password
 
  • Changelog
  • Latest releases
  • Important links
 
 
  • Changelog
  • Latest releases
  • Important links
  • Support Forum
 

Top Rated

  • google.com
  • youtube.com
  • fast dial folder
  • wikipedia.org
  • Firefox Black
  • fd folders, folders, folder
  • generic gaming logos
  • mail.google.com, gmail.com, googlemail.com
  • Carbon Fiber
  • iphone app style icon template
more

Recent Polls

  • What are you resolution of screen use
  • Which version of Fast Dial do you run?
  • How often do you visit Userlogos?
  • Which FD iPhone logo format do you find preferable
  • How many themes do you run in Fast Dial ?
more

Online users

There are currently 0 users online.
Active - 15 mins:
No registered users :(
  • Last 24 hours

Recent comments

  • I think this is one of the
    by: peter654
    1 year 5 months ago
  • I really loved reading your
    by: peter654
    1 year 5 months ago
  • I’m impressed, I must say.
    by: wakawaka
    1 year 5 months ago
  • Thanks for taking the time to
    by: peter654
    1 year 5 months ago
  • Thanks for posting this info.
    by: peter654
    1 year 5 months ago
  • I was surfing the Internet
    by: peter654
    1 year 5 months ago
  • I am definitely enjoying your
    by: peter654
    1 year 5 months ago
  • Excellent post. I was
    by: peter654
    1 year 5 months ago
more

Recent topics

  • Fórumos tapasztalat: Szuper kezdő bónusz a BetMatch kaszinóban!
  • Gyakorlati tapasztalatok: RoyalSea PWA és Android alkalmazás
  • Servizi di scrittura di tesi di laurea
  • Шампуні для волосся: природна сила у кожній краплі
  • Gold’s Role as a Safe-Haven Asset
  • I have some news!
  • How the 100 Oz Silver Bar from Royal Canadian Mint Stands the Test of Time
  • Top Disposable Vapes and E-Liquids in Dubai: Fummo, Vozol, Elf Bar, and More
more

Top contributors

User Total user points
Mafia_Penguin 912
jimmy1024 888
Deva 552
gumanov 490
jumpordie 471
Karmody 457
macleod.mac 402
ingalls 354
spaljeni 310
zigzag 290
Rog 265
Sastre 256
famecky 160
x-b 152
danger83 147
more

2008-2017 userlogos.org. All logos/images belong to their respective owners. Contact administrator.

  • Logos
  • Logo Requests
  • Themes
  • Backgrounds
  • Forums
  • Contact